Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tales from the home...

I have nowhere for you to live Oscar
I'm going to let you guys in on a funny little thing that's been going on at home. You see, when Dr. H and I came back from vacation, our apartment, specifically the kitchen, smelled AWFUL. Not just bad... I'm talkin "who the hell pooped in our trash can?" levels of stank. It was appalling. We immediately threw out the nearly empty bag in the can, Febreeze-d the sh*t out of it, opened windows, lit scented candles and hoped for the best. When I came home the next day, I learned that while I was out, Dr. H had made the executive decision to throw away our trash can. "It still smelled. It could not be saved" he said. In it's place was a J. Crew shopping bag because "Bed Bath and Beyond didn't have any good ones and it was college move-in and I couldn't be in there". Oh boy.

Initially annoyed (who lives without a trash can in their kitchen!??) 24-hours into our can-less existence, I started to have a change of heart. We have a TON of folded up shopping bags in our apartment. Trader Joe's, Kate Spade, Banana Republic... I am one of those people who hoards "good" paper bags for unspecified future use. Well, unspecified no more! With a move on the horizon, all my "good" bags likely would have been tossed, BUT, being without a trash can means they can HOLD trash instead of becoming trash! Annnnd, with small capacity and a high potential for leaks, we are taking out the trash almost nightly and generally "trashing" tidier .

Is this a totally disgusting way to exist? Possibly. Are we perfectly content to be that way? Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment