Monday, October 15, 2012

Happily Ever After: Year One

True love.
Today is my first wedding anniversary. Even as I write that, "first wedding anniversary", it sounds too adult to be true. But it is, and if I'm being honest (and extremely cheesy) it's wonderful. Everyone always asks you as a newlywed (a term I think I'm officially shedding as of today?) "how's married life treating you?" and you say "Great!" or, since Dr. H and I were together for many years prior to our wedding, "You know, mostly the same as unmarried life", but that's not really the truth. The truth is, I've found marriage to be fulfilling in the most unexpected way - I love it most for the partnership. Dr. H is my bud and in our marriage I have found the ultimate partner for planning and deciding, mulling and choosing. The comfort I find in facing decisions with Dr. H at my side is what makes having a husband the best. I get someone to blame if a decision goes badly (hehe) but more importantly, I have someone to listen to my fears, push me through difficult decisions and to scheme and dream with. In short, being married (specifically to Dr. H) rocks.

So husband, happy anniversary to you, to us. Thank you for being the ultimate sounding board, consultant, dreamer and partner. Our life together brings me happiness in ways I could never have imagined and I love you to the moon and back. 

1 comment: