Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pack 'em in!

Just a quick trip...
Reader survey: How many pairs of shoes is too many pairs of shoes when going on vacation? Dr. H and I are headed out of town for a few days and I consider myself a phenomenal packer - I can piece together outfits with a discerning eye, pack just enough "options" to suit mood and weather and thanks to my mom's astute training, I pack that shizz up so compactly I can travel in carry-on when many would need a checked bag. But shoes? Shoes present a problem. With fashion, versatility and comfort (in that order!?) to consider, before I know it I've abandoned half my clothing to make space for that cute pair of wedges that I just can't leave behind (wedges take up so.much.space.) I have admiration for people who say "I just bring two pairs; one for walking and one for evenings", but at the same time I'm thinking "what two pairs of shoes on planet earth are going to look good with all your outfits, be comfortable for walking long distances and seem chic and non-touristy!?" (you know I don't even bother with gym sneakers!) Most shoes are simply not that versatile. 

So just how many pairs of shoes did I pack for my 4 day vacation? Five (six if you count the pair already on my feet). Converse, wedges, dressy sandals, flip flops and 2 pairs of flats. Too many? Just right? I'll have to let you know!

1 comment:

  1. haha you know my thoughts... the more pairs of shoes the Meri-er ;)

    ReplyDelete