Thursday, November 15, 2012

You've gotta play to win...

Winner.
Want to know something funny about me!? I LOVE to enter contests. And not only do I love to enter, but I do it a lot... and I win. Front row at a Madonna concert? Thanks mtv.com. Free Caribbean cruise? Bingo! At the moment I have my sights set on a VIP trip to Disney World (including one night's stay in the Castle Suite!!!). I enter literally every day. 

As you might expect, I get made fun of pretty endlessly by family and friends for my contest fetish (I guess they didn't want to be 1 of 8 joining me on the Fage Greek Yogurt 10-day Greek Getaway!?) but the reality is it takes about 30 seconds to visit a site I've bookmarked  to click "enter" and the worst thing that happens is I don't win that $500 shopping spree or free iPad. Are the odds of winning good? Definitely not. (Part of what I do for a living is oversee the Official Rules of contests and sweepstakes, so I know that the odds are not in my favor.) But if you don't try to win, you definitely never will. So I say click to enter, visit daily, buy that Mega Millions ticket... because as the New York State Lotto is constantly reminding us... "hey, you never know".

No comments:

Post a Comment