Thursday, March 21, 2013

Healthy Habit of the Month III.

Find a super buddy, share some super (will)power.
This post is the third installment of SeektobeMerry's "Healthy Habit of the Month" series. Sourced from my bff's at Weight Watchers, online articles and my own efforts to keep fit and trim, throughout 2013, I will attempt to integrate one new healthy habit into my life each month. Join me!

Can you believe that it's already time to incorporate another healthy habit into our lives!? It seems like just yesterday we were scheduling a weekly workout and making fruits and veggies mandatory at mealtime! Though my "healthy eats intake" continues to be a work in progress, I'm thrilled to report that I succeeded in scheduling (and completing, ha!) at least 1 workout every week last month. Who'dve thunk that the simple act of writing it on my calendar would increase my accountability so much!? Is anyone else on this journey with me? If so, I'd love to hear from you because having a buddy always helps. And speaking of buddies (and accountability)...

Healthy Habit of the Month #3: Find an "Accountability Buddy"
This one is for those of us actively seeking to lose a few pounds (eghm)... this month we're going to find an "accountability buddy". My accountability buddy and I email one another each morning with a list of everything (I mean everything, even that "fun size" piece of chocolate) we ate the day before. This allows us to keep the number on the scale private (I'm not brave enough for a "humiliation diet"), but still be accountable to someone outside our own brains for what we pile into our mouths. I've been accountabil-izing (hehe) for a few weeks now and it's seriously working. As I'm standing in front of my open fridge debating my next move, having the thought "I'm going to have to share this decision tomorrow morning" has actually stopped me from needless snacking. I have even been ordering a bit better in restaurants! Now, do we always share our Saturday night/Sunday brunch indiscretions? Not a chance... but together we're 2 buddies, taking baby steps in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment