Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Would you, could you...

... wear a one-piece? Recently, it seems that one-piece bathing suits are making a comeback. They're showing up in styles intended for all shapes and sizes, from pinup retro to low cut  sexy, expertly embodying Mama Rose's timeless quote, "make 'em beg for more, and then don't give it to them!"

Sometime not too long ago, one-pieces left the bodies of sexy icons like Marilyn Monroe and were christened "mommy suits" or relegated to use only by women "of a certain age" or size. In came string bikinis and barely there two pieces as symbols of youth, fitness and sex appeal. So naturally I was unsure about going for a one-piece, despite the plethora of cute options, because I didn't want to age myself or pick something unflattering. As I do with most of life's greatest questions, I sent a link along with the question "is this cute? I can't decide..." to my girlies. One friend actually pondered aloud, "are we one-piece age or do these not count because they're trendy?"

Zinke Starboard One Piece
The suit in question. Anthropologie

The question had to be answered, so I went for it (figuring worst case scenario I'd just make a return) and I'm pleased to report that the era of the "one-piece age" is officially behind us!! That pretty pink lady is pl-enty youthful and chic... just ask Dr. H who despite my insistence, refused to believe that what I was wearing was actually a one-piece (the literal "one-piece" of clothing on my body was irrelevant, "well it's just not what I was imagining" was all he could muster in defense). So ladies, I say go forth! Purchase sexy bikinis and one-pieces alike, usher in a return to discretion on the beach and by the pool and remember, any item can look sexy if you wear it that way:) 

Suits pictured can be found HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment