Monday, June 24, 2013

Healthy Habit of the Month VI.

We GOT this!
This post is the sixth installment of SeektobeMerry's "Healthy Habit of the Month" series. Sourced from my bff's at Weight Watchers, online articles and my own efforts to keep fit and trim, throughout 2013, I will attempt to integrate one new healthy habit into my life each month. Join me!

Well here we are... the halfway point in our 12 month healthy habit journey! To recap what we've done so far: 
- Month 1: Adding a fruit or vegetable to every meal
- Month 2: Schedule a workout
- Month 3: Find an accountability buddy
- Month 4: Keep track (of your movement)
- Month 5: Challenge yourself
How are you all doing? I must confess, since this is a place of honesty and health-loving support, that I'm in a bit of a healthy habit funk. Though I generally feel more in shape, toned and active, the number on the scale is a constant reminder that no squat challenge or side of broccoli can undo weekend pizza binges and a love for sugary cocktails. I'm not proud of where I'm at, because while implementing these habits is certainly about well being and long term health, vanity - feeling good about how we look - is a factor as well. So what can we do to reinvigorate our quest...!?

Healthy Habit of the Month #6: Have 1 perfect week.
This month I am challenging myself (and you!) to have 1 perfectly "on plan" week, whatever "on plan" means to you. The way I see it, we all know what to do when it comes to what we put in our mouth and how often to exercise, it's sticking to it that's the problem. So instead of a big, long term goal, let's try for 7, consecutive perfect-as-possible days. We'll make time to workout and vow not to cheat at all when it comes to eating right, for just 1 week... we can all do anything for just 1 week right!? And at the end of that first week, hopefully we'll feel motivated to keep going. Hopefully we'll see that making the healthier decision isn't so terrible and that the end result, feeling good, will turn that 1 week into a new normal where "cheating" is the exception. Hopefully!!

No comments:

Post a Comment