Monday, December 2, 2013

It's Game Time Princess!

We will win the argument Sis!!
This morning I began a 12 week half marathon training program. For the next 3 months I will haul my body out of bed early and drag my end-of-day tired ass to the gym late, in order to prepare for the Disney Princess Half Marathon which I am running with my sister at the end of February. Body, mind... it's game time.

I'm sharing this with all of you for a few reasons. First, I am absolutely out of my mind excited to run this race. A diehard Disney fan, Magic Kingdom enthusiast and happiest place on earth believer, I cannot think of a better idea than dressing up like THIS and participating in THIS. (Getting goosebumps right now just watching that... seriously.) Most importantly, I'm pumped to embark on this challenge and adventure with my sister, who has never run this far before, but who I'm 100% certain has the strength, energy and persistence to do it. We are going to have so much fun pushing ourselves to this very rewarding weekend together (we've already made princess dinner reservations for that Friday night, we are NOT messing around!) And last but definitely not least, I'm sharing my Princess dreams with all of you as a form of accountability. It took a solid 5 minutes of mental motivational speech to get out of bed this morning and the weather is only getting colder... My hope is that by putting this goal out into the blogosphere, I'll have to stick with my training and get my booty into decent shape. Because if I see any of you in real life, you just might ask how the running is going and "I thought about it from the warmth and comfort of my couch" isn't an answer I'm prepared to give. So here's to my next big endeavor, to sharing it with my sister because she's my lifelong partner in crime (and crazy!) and with all of you because nothing motivates like telling hundreds of people that you're wishing upon a star for one of THESE.

2 comments:

  1. Meri - that's awesome and nuts all at the same time! I have a girlfriend who ran it a year or two ago, and she loved every minute of it. But, training for it in the dead of NYC winter does not sound like fun at all - you have some serious ambition in you, girl! I'll be cheering you on from the proverbial sidelines, all while trying hard not to eat another bowl of ice cream :). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jodi! I've always wanted to be a Disney Princess and at this age I think the only way I can pull it off is to run 13.1 miles first:) As for ice cream, I think the more I run, the more I can have right!? xox

    ReplyDelete