Monday, March 3, 2014

Juggling Act.

I am the master of ceremonies as well.
Last week, as you likely noticed, I missed two consecutive blog posts (for the first time in my 2+ years of blogging). Last week I also ate spaghetti dinner at midnight, wore tights I pulled out of my hamper to work, had the craziest and most professionally fulfilling week of my career, ran a half marathon, chilled with Mickey Mouse and welcomed a new nephew. Last week I was a master juggler... sort of.

As I have written about many times before, (HERE, HERE) I am a person who frequently struggles with scheduling. I love to plan things, do things, see things, go places and take on projects (almost always) not out of obligation, but out of a genuine desire to live "a life full to the brim". But what happens when you're fortunate enough have so much good stuff on your plate, that you just can't possibly get it all done? How do you prioritize when you've already brushed the non-essential (cooking, sleeping?) and undesirable (laundry, cleaning?) aside and nevertheless have your hands full with things you desperately want to be your best at? I'm not sure anyone knows the answer to this question, but I'm hopeful that through trial and error I can at least find my own personal solution and make peace with the obnoxious reality that days are just 24 short hours long... Because while I was away from you all last week a LIST of potential post ideas came to me and I felt a renewed excitement for sharing in this merry little space. So even though my three ring circus act dropped the ball, it's refreshing to realize that all I need to do is scoop it up and juggle on...

No comments:

Post a Comment