Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The elephant in the room...

I see you mister!!
Friends. As many of my more regular readers have likely noticed, recently I've been a bit less regular than usual with my Seek to Be Merry postings. Once priding myself on "5 days per week, never missing a day!" for the past few weeks (since starting my new job) missing a day has become more the norm than not.

When I started this blog nearly 3 years ago (whhhhat!?) it was because I was desperate for a creative outlet, because I have a passion for writing and talking (#truth) and because I had quite a bit of spare mental energy at the end of each day (#energyismymiddlename). For better or worse (but almost entirely for better) I'm not nearly as creatively desperate or overflowing with spare energy anymore. "Real life" has picked up in ways I could never have imagined when I started this blog and sometimes that gets in the way of being the blogger that I love to be. But do not despair! This space is so much a part of me now and continuing to post is a job I take as seriously as the "full time/real life" gig that pays me. With each day that goes by, I become more comfortable with the routines and demands of my new job and that will allow me to find the right balance for all things merry...

So if you don't mind, stick with me. I promise I'm not going anywhere and I promise I still have plenty to write and share. And finally, a big thanks for reading and making this blog something so special and worth holding on to!

No comments:

Post a Comment