Monday, June 22, 2015

Happy Summer, Y'all!

Yay!!
Hello friends and happy summer to you! I hope you all had awesome weekends, celebrating Dads and the start of the best season of the year (and that you survived without my Father's Day Guide, a Friday post which I found half written and un-posted in my web browser when I opened the 'ol laptop this morning. Oops:)

I woke up today feeling especially good about the start of a new season and ready to close the books on a wonderful, but hectic spring. And speaking of hectic, did you know I jetted down to Nashville real quick last week!? And though I was there for only 48 hours (about 40 of which were work filled) I did manage to soak in a tiny bit of music city and thought today I'd share some pics/recommendations.


Broadway
Nashville is a small city with a big heart. Even though I am not a country music fan, I am a diehard music fan and music is the soul of Nashville. On my quickie visit I managed to Broadway in downtown Nashville (the Nashville equivalent of Times Square in its touristy factor) and I loved the lights, boots shops and the outstanding live music pouring out of every bar. I suggest strolling the street without an agenda and popping into a few bars just to hear the various performances. Grab a drink (or 2 or 3) or like I did, settle into one with a great BBQ menu for a lively meal!

The original Grand Ol Orpy
With only a tiny bit of time, the Nashville site worth seeing is DEFINITELY the Ryman AuditoriumA historic building, recently renovated, Ryman was the place where Nashville's music scene was born. Though it fell into a period of disrepair (the Opry even abandoned it!) today it thrives as a live music venue and awesome attraction definitely worth touring. 

For those of you with more time to explore, I would suggest checking out these links (HEREHEREHERE) for where to go outside downtown for the full Nashville experience (there was so much I didn't get to see!) Nashville is a spread out city without mass transit so I recommend staying downtown, but renting a car and planning to get out and explore. I know I'll be headed back and hopefully y'all will have a chance to check it out someday too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment