Tuesday, October 20, 2015

An object in motion...

"An object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force. This law is often called "the law of inertia"."

Just call me Ms. Inertia! Ladies and gentleman I'm back after being gone for quite some time and that's just the facts. Over the past two weeks I have been moving and working, decorating, hosting, Ikea-building, commuting, adventuring (always), eating (always always) and just being. I didn't stress about not blogging (that's new) because even though I had so much to share, I just didn't have the motivation to sit down and share it... there's the half written post about changing NYC boroughs, the list about the many joys of watching your best friend become a mother, the 10,000 mindless internet links and so much more. It's not that I don't have things to say (surprise!) it's just that sometimes you have to not do all the things you like to do. #ThatsAFact

In an attempt to catch you up on some of the most important things from the brain of Merry Meri and finally make my 1st post from the new Brooklyn Merry HQ, here's a quick recap from lately. 

I. Go see Hamilton (and listen to the soundtrack)
Seriously this show blew me away. Hype met and far exceeded. Even if you don't share my obsession with American history and musical theater, you must see this revolutionary (no pun intended) show. I cannot stop listening to the infectious soundtrack by the insanely talented cast and the unique staging and style of storytelling is sure to sweep the Tony's this year. Spend the Benjamins (you won't be sorry) and be in the room where it happens :) 

II. Sticky 9 is my latest obsession 

When you're obsessed with photos/Instagram like I am, it can be hard to select which pics to print and display, not to mention how expensive framing can be. Enter Sticky 9 which makes lots of products, but it's their Insta magnets I'm currently smitten with. These 5 cm x 5 cm little guys have made me happier than anyone should be looking at the outside of their fridge. Check em out (and if you do, be a pal and use my referral code FRIEND1347N)

III. The best manicure I've gotten in ages
Simple, chic and just a little bit funky, my nail salon had the rolls of thin gold tape and laid it across the nail between the color and clear top coat, setting it under the gel light. I got compliments galore, you will too :)

IV. I swear I'm not a hoarder
... even though I found all of these under my bed when packing to move. I was just really worried about Britney you guys!!

V. And finally, THIS:
MIND BLOWN.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, a candy corn cob? Yes, please! Also, that's an amazing manicure, sweetie. xoxo

    ReplyDelete